Aarthi is a travel blogger and freelance content writer by profession. In her spare time, she loves spending time with her family and friends, going for hikes, and listening to music. Reading and painting are her two other interests. Find more at www.bestdesertsafariindubai.com.
Guest Post – “Best Morning Desert Safari In Dubai”.
The evening desert safari with its adventure rides, scrumptious dinner, and amazing entertainment programs are the first things that come to mind when one thinks of desert safari Dubai. Surprisingly, not many know that there are some more variations of the desert safari, and the morning desert safari in Dubai is one of them. Here is all the information you need to know about Dubai’s morning desert safari.
Why Choose the Morning Desert Safari
Beginning early in the morning, the safari offers you a view of a different side of the vast and mysterious desert. Here are some of the reasons why you should choose the morning desert safari:
- It is great for those who are in Dubai for a short time. The evening tour lasts for 6 hours and takes up most of your evening. On the other hand, the morning desert safari begins early and takes 3-4 hours, leaving you the entire day to explore other attractions of the city.
- If you are not interested in the frills of the evening safari like the belly dancing and Tanoura dancing performances, shisha smoking, henna painting, etc., this is the perfect alternative for you. The morning desert safari is all about adventurous activities.
- The morning safari begins early just before sunrise when the desert still has the chilly air of the night. Moreover, you do not have to endure the harsh light of the sun during the wee hours of the morning. You get to enjoy the rides and activities before it becomes too hot.
READ ALSO: “Best Areas To Stay In Dubai”
What to Expect on a Morning Desert Safari
Several types of morning desert safaris are available, and you can book one at your convenience. While the timings and certain activities may differ a bit, most morning tours offer a similar experience. Here is what you can expect during your morning desert safari in Dubai:
Beginning of the Journey
Most desert safaris begin by picking you at your hotel or residence. To ensure that you get the chance to see the gorgeous sunrise of the desert, you would be picked up around 5 in the morning. A designated driver would take you to the outskirts of the desert in his 4×4 vehicle.
The morning desert safari begins with a bang, and hear we mean the amazing dune bashing session. Dune bashing is nothing less than a roller coaster ride, where a professional driver drives on the high and low sand dunes with ease. Safety of the guests is a high priority here, and the vehicles are accident-proofed for the same. You also have to wear your seatbelts and hold tight to your seats before the session begins.
Fun Adventurous Activities
While dune bashing is the ultimate adventurous activity that you would enjoy in Dubai, it is not the only one. On the other hand, numerous other activities await you at the desert camp. You get to enjoy a ride on the camel while basking in the rays of the early morning sun. If you were disappointed about not getting to go dune bashing yourself, you would be thrilled to try quad biking in the desert. Apart from all this, sandboarding is also available at the desert safari.
READ ALSO: “6 Best Things to Do in Dubai”
Hot Air Balloon Ride
Although not a part of the regular morning tour, you can book a hot air balloon ride along with your morning desert safari. The hot air balloon ride takes off right before the sun comes up so that you get the chance to see an incredible sunrise. Floating 4000 feet above the ground, you get to see the bird’s eye view of the desert as well as parts of the city. The hot air balloon ride in the desert is a must if you are in Dubai for a romantic holiday. It makes for the perfect place for a romantic proposal.
Just like the hot air balloon ride, a wildlife safari is not a part of the regular morning desert safari. However, you can book for the same if you want to explore the desert and check out the flora and fauna of the place. The wildlife desert safari would take you to the depths of the desert, where you can spot rare desert plants and animals like the Arabian Oryx and gazelles. A local guide, who has all the knowledge about the flora and fauna of the place, would accompany you.
READ ALSO: “5 Fun Things To Do In Dubai”
Breakfast at the Desert
After an exciting time trying out the adventurous activities of the desert, it is time to feed your exhausted mind and body. Most morning desert safaris end with a lavish Emirati breakfast served with the most delicious and aromatic Arabic coffee. You get to indulge in local delicacies like Rgaag (Arabic bread and egg preparation), Chbaab (pancakes), and Balaleet (sweet noodles) along with some popular international dishes. Before the sun becomes too hot to handle in the desert, you would be driven back to the city. The morning desert safari is likely to end by 10 AM when the rest of the attractions in the city start to open.
READ ALSO: “Best Time To Visit Dubai”
Tips for Morning Desert Safari in Dubai
- Wear comfortable cotton clothes while going to the desert. However, do not forget to carry a light cardigan or jacket, as the early morning temperature is quite low in the desert.
- Wear open shoes or flip-flops that can be easily cleaned if sand enters them.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
- Do not forget to carry sunglasses and apply sunscreen before you step out.
- Do not wear heavy jewelry or accessories, as you may get hurt during the activities.
- Pregnant women, little children, and people with heart and back ailments should avoid dune bashing and other adventurous activities.
READ ALSO: “Best Things To Do In Dubai”
The morning desert safari is a unique experience, one that should be on your Dubai holiday itinerary. So, do not waste any more time. Book your tickets, apply for a Dubai visa, and get ready for an incredible experience of your life.
LIKE IT? PIN IT!
This is a guest post. All the websites and companies included here are based on the author’s personal travel experiences. Please note that some of these links contain personal affiliate links, and with no extra cost to you. I may earn a small commission that helps me run this website and helps me share my adventures and travel tips which can help you.